Thursday, April 12, 2012

CEO of failure is the main reason with the wrong person

 From 1995 to 2006, the company's CEO for a performance was forced to leave the increase of the proportion of 318%. The main reason for the failure CEO, is the wrong: friends or colleagues business together, the company into the growth and maturity after, his colleagues would not is the right colleagues, when many factors make you don't want to adjust the team, the company operating face possible failure.

I do in HP's for 25 years. Leave the company later within a few months time, I chose to join sea brightness group do the chairman. At the same time, I joined the Taiwan the Yang wisdom technology--the a semiconductor integrated circuit design, make the company. This is two different companies, is not only the strait different companies, industry is not the same. Summary together, I think so long career, if want to be a comprehensive managers, should have four abilities:

First, the operation capacity. Everyone wants to count Numbers, each people who want to see the company which corner of not clean, you will be responsible for a clean, this is the operation capacity.

Second, management ability. System design, process design is management ability. In a foreign enterprise when old total, even though I do global vice President, 70%-90% of the time on do the two things. There are two ability is I have a chance to experience, is a strategic ability, one is the capital operation ability.

I have two years of time, hope to be able to experience these things, and eventually decide what to do. If I find I have the talent, do make strategic and capital operation work, I will choose to continue. But if I found no such talent, I will be going to come back for a professional people.

In the process I found, no matter be entrepreneurial process or enterprise mature process, everybody's most often asked a question, is the enterprise managers to have what characteristics, you should have what power. I'd like to use some of the more "project" express way. I just mentioned "management, operation, strategy and capital", this is the ability of the enterprise a hand should have. Or if you don't have, you also have to find someone to help you do you the insufficient place. Because enterprise management the four all need. Capital operation, strategic, management system and operation, four are short of one cannot.

In the process of enterprise development, did you notice that each stage has different requirements, leadership, which is equal to the composition of several parameters? If say four: capital operation ability, make strategic ability, management ability, operation ability. You will find that, there were no one of the four ability can take an examination of 100 minutes. This is not the same as with college. In each phase of the enterprise, the few capacity request strength is not the same. Venture capital operation stage with strategic is the most important. I this two years a feeling. To really basic conditions of the business, is you to some kind of industry, some business has an unspeakable intuition, do you think that is to have a chance to succeed, and you want to cash, that is a strategic sense. The strength to high, if is a to very, the two at least want to nine points. Management and operation in the enterprise founding stage as long as it is good to pass the exam.

But if your strategy has matured, become a viable business model, and can be the profit. Next, you need most is the management and operation of the well. Therefore, the development of the enterprise forever in the inside this dish.

But our ability is no way of the development of the staggered. For example today I management is very strong, tomorrow I strategy is very strong, it is difficult. So, I think you in each stage know, which stage the most need what enterprise. You evaluate yourself, if your ability and character with the difference, you look back at your team, it is you can get someone to help to make up the difference. The whole team can be four are.

I in HP's 25 years, after 19 boss, after HP seven times important strategic transformation. From the electronic instrument company, has been do software, my own service department has a lot of change. Plus I this two years experience, I think what to do today what work should have core ability, we want to be clear to acknowledge it. At the same time, cognitive own ability and the requirements have what gap, according to this gap to seek appropriate to your team together with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment